Placido offers classic Italian varietals from well-respected regions. A brand rooted in nobility, Placido is a nod to the heritage and legacy of 13th century nobleman Placido dei Placidi.
When Siena defeated its bitter rival Florence in the year 1260 at the Battle of Montaperti, the hero of the day was Count Placido Placidio. For his valor, he was given the fortified hill nearby, known as Poggio alle Mura (the Italian version of the Latin podium muris, or walled hilltop), a vantage point that had first been secured by the Etruscans in ancient, pre-Roman times.
The passion the Count developed for wine and food remains the inspiration for Placido today. Placido’s collection of wines are consumer favorites, earning them a place at the table with today’s families
- Varietal 100% Pinot Grigio
- Vineyards Tuscany, Italy. The soil is alluvial and well-drained.
- Winemaking Traditional white-wine vinification. Alcoholic fermentation in temperature-controlled stainless steel for 12 to 14 days to extract optimal flavor and preserve varietal character.
- Tasting Notes Color: Pale-straw. Bouquet: Fresh and fruity aromas of pears as well as citrus and grapefruit. Taste: Full, fresh and lively, with notes of ripe pear on the finish.
- Food Pairing Placido Pinot Grigio is a delightful aperitif, and is perfect for a range of foods including appetizers, fresh salads, seafood, and grilled poultry.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.